As I mentioned, last weekend I was in Sweden with some friends, and my birthday was a few days later. My Swedish friend read us a well-known story by Sven Nordqvist about a pancake cake (Pannkakstårtan in Swedish), and then made me such a cake for my birthday. I made this video about it. It’s a bit rough around the edges, but cover the edges with cream and it’ll be okay.
I used the following songs:
- Pancakes are the Cool by The Cow Exchange
- But You Get to Have Cake (a parody of Faith by George Michael) by Robert Lund and Spaff.com
- Cooking (to be continued…) by Jonathan Mann (Incidentally, I used the sequel to this in a video of a light show on a building.)
- A few seconds of Jonathan Mann’s cover of Finished With Lies by They Might Be Giants, for the Mink Car Cover project to raise money for the FDNY Foundation. The cake is not a lie.
- Cakes by Berkeley Social Scene (from Song Fight, in case you want more songs about cakes)
#1 by peterrecore on June 3, 2012 - 6:57 pm
The surprise appearance of Final Countdown was quite amusing. In the U.S. I think we would call what you had crepes. Our “pancakes” are much fluffier because they include a rising agent. This would probably give us an unfair advantage in any “tallest pancake cake” competition.
#2 by Angela Brett on June 3, 2012 - 7:02 pm
Are you calling our pancake cake a pile of crêpe? 🙂